WATCH: Bachmann Links Gay Rights to 9/11 in 'Pray Day' Push
BY Neal Broverman
May 13 2013 11:16 AM ET
Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann upped the ante on her conservatism by recently advocating for a September 11 National Day of Prayer and Fasting not only to commemorate lives lost in 2001 and 2012, but to remember the terrorist attacks that occurred on those days were the fault of Americans.
“Our nation has seen judgment not once but twice on September 11 [the attacks in 2001 and the attack on the Benghazi consulate 11 years later] and that’s why we’re going to have ‘9/11 Pray’ on that day,” Bachmann said at a Capitol Hill event last week. “Is there anything better that we can do on that day rather than to humble ourselves and pray to an almighty God?”
Bachmann is teaming with World Net Daily editor Joseph Farah, a noted homophobe, to promote the event. Farah believes the advancement of gay rights is partly responsible for the attacks of September 11. The U.S. is in the midst of a “slide from moral malaise to cultural hedonism," he said.
Bachmann may be especially tense when it comes to LGBT rights as her home state is currently debating marriage equality, with the state House passing it last week and the Senate debating it today.
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 2 hours 51 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM