WATCH: Bachmann Links Gay Rights to 9/11 in 'Pray Day' Push
BY Neal Broverman
May 13 2013 11:16 AM ET
Minnesota congresswoman Michele Bachmann upped the ante on her conservatism by recently advocating for a September 11 National Day of Prayer and Fasting not only to commemorate lives lost in 2001 and 2012, but to remember the terrorist attacks that occurred on those days were the fault of Americans.
“Our nation has seen judgment not once but twice on September 11 [the attacks in 2001 and the attack on the Benghazi consulate 11 years later] and that’s why we’re going to have ‘9/11 Pray’ on that day,” Bachmann said at a Capitol Hill event last week. “Is there anything better that we can do on that day rather than to humble ourselves and pray to an almighty God?”
Bachmann is teaming with World Net Daily editor Joseph Farah, a noted homophobe, to promote the event. Farah believes the advancement of gay rights is partly responsible for the attacks of September 11. The U.S. is in the midst of a “slide from moral malaise to cultural hedonism," he said.
Bachmann may be especially tense when it comes to LGBT rights as her home state is currently debating marriage equality, with the state House passing it last week and the Senate debating it today.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 1 hour 30 min ago
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 2 hours 30 min ago
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM