Tyler and Olson to Repeat Vows
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 11 2009 1:00 AM ET
This Friday, Robin Tyler and Diane Olson, the original plaintiffs in the California Supreme Court Marriage Equality suit, will return to the Beverly Hills courthouse for the eighth year running and make their plea for marriage equality. Only this year, Tyler and Olson won’t be trying to obtain a marriage license – they will be repeating their vows.
Tyler and Olson will be joined by lawyer Gloria Allred and Rabbi Denise L. Eger, who will give the vows. The couple, in conjunction with The Equality Campaign and Marriage Equality USA among others, are urging same-sex couples who have not yet married to attend the service and then apply for marriage licenses.
The event is in recognition of Friday’s Freedom to Marry Day.
Tyler and Olsen are plaintiffs in a current lawsuit to overturn Prop. 8. Allred is their lawyer in the case.
Friday’s event begins at 10 am at the Beverly Hills courthouse on Burton Way.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Many Positive Reactions to TIm Cook's Coming-Out — and One Truly Horrid One
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- PHOTOS: Men of the Outback
- WATCH: Bianca Del Rio and Adore Delano Star in Starbucks' First LGBT Commercial