Tyler and Olson to Repeat Vows
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 11 2009 1:00 AM ET
This Friday, Robin Tyler and Diane Olson, the original plaintiffs in the California Supreme Court Marriage Equality suit, will return to the Beverly Hills courthouse for the eighth year running and make their plea for marriage equality. Only this year, Tyler and Olson won’t be trying to obtain a marriage license – they will be repeating their vows.
Tyler and Olson will be joined by lawyer Gloria Allred and Rabbi Denise L. Eger, who will give the vows. The couple, in conjunction with The Equality Campaign and Marriage Equality USA among others, are urging same-sex couples who have not yet married to attend the service and then apply for marriage licenses.
The event is in recognition of Friday’s Freedom to Marry Day.
Tyler and Olsen are plaintiffs in a current lawsuit to overturn Prop. 8. Allred is their lawyer in the case.
Friday’s event begins at 10 am at the Beverly Hills courthouse on Burton Way.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Elton John's Las Vegas Performance of 'Benny and the Jets' 35 min 16 sec ago
- Sports Brooklyn Nets Stick with Jason Collins 43 min 27 sec ago
- Television Billy Eichner: Wants to Marry Meryl Streep & Get Down With Judi Dench 47 min 4 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Does Being Positive Mean I Have to Stop Having Sex? 1 hour 2 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment EXCLUSIVE: Neil Patrick Harris, Behind the Shoot 2 hours 10 min ago
- HIV & AIDS Why Are a Higher Percentage of Native Americans Dying from AIDS Complications Than Any Other Group? 9:10 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke 8:44 AM