Tyler and Olson to Repeat Vows
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 11 2009 1:00 AM ET
Robin Tyler and Diane Olson, the original plaintiffs in the
California Supreme Court Marriage Equality suit, will return
to the Beverly Hills courthouse for the eighth year
running and make their plea for marriage equality.
Only this year, Tyler and Olson won’t be trying to
obtain a marriage license – they will be repeating
Tyler and Olson
will be joined by lawyer Gloria Allred and Rabbi Denise
L. Eger, who will give the vows. The couple, in conjunction
with The Equality Campaign and Marriage Equality USA
among others, are urging same-sex couples who have not
yet married to attend the service and then apply for
The event is in
recognition of Friday’s Freedom to Marry Day.
Tyler and Olsen
are plaintiffs in a current lawsuit to overturn Prop. 8.
Allred is their lawyer in the case.
event begins at 10 am at the Beverly Hills courthouse on
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM
- Comedy WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression May 19 2013 12:39 PM
- Television WATCH: Did Stefon Marry Seth Meyers or Anderson Cooper? May 19 2013 12:32 PM
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM