LGBT Marching Band Returns to Obama's Inaugural Parade
BY Michelle Garcia
December 19 2012 3:25 PM ET
The Lesbian and Gay Band Association will march in the 57th inaugural parade following the swearing in of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
More than 2,800 applications were submitted to perform in the parade, more than double the number of applicants in 2009.
“The talented groups chosen to participate in the Inaugural Parade reflect the spirit, values, and diversity of our great nation,” said President Obama. “Vice President Biden and I are honored to have them join us in the parade.”
The band previously participated in President Obama's 2009 inaugural parade. Watch the video below:
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home
- Queer Women in Their 30s Give Advice to Their 20-Something Selves
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide