LGBT Marching Band Returns to Obama's Inaugural Parade
BY Michelle Garcia
December 19 2012 3:25 PM ET
The Lesbian and Gay Band Association will march in the 57th inaugural parade following the swearing in of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
More than 2,800 applications were submitted to perform in the parade, more than double the number of applicants in 2009.
“The talented groups chosen to participate in the Inaugural Parade reflect the spirit, values, and diversity of our great nation,” said President Obama. “Vice President Biden and I are honored to have them join us in the parade.”
The band previously participated in President Obama's 2009 inaugural parade. Watch the video below:
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Ban on Blood Donations by Gay Men
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
- Op-ed: Are We More Successful Because We’re Gay?
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Pretty Little Liars Adds Rumer Willis to Roster and Lands Teen Choice Nominations 14 min 14 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Adam Levine Gets a Shirtless Paint Job 26 min 56 sec ago
- Books Three Great Books About HIV 28 min 49 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Amy Schumer Uses Tig Notaro's Cancer for Her Own Personal Gain 46 min 56 sec ago
- Crime Editor of Gay Website Beaten in London 49 min 16 sec ago
- Film We Steal Secrets: Is Bradley Manning a Hero? 51 min 35 sec ago
- Film A Drinking Game for the Liberace Movie 52 min 2 sec ago