LGBT Marching Band Returns to Obama's Inaugural Parade
BY Michelle Garcia
December 19 2012 3:25 PM ET
The Lesbian and Gay Band Association will march in the 57th inaugural parade following the swearing in of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
More than 2,800 applications were submitted to perform in the parade, more than double the number of applicants in 2009.
“The talented groups chosen to participate in the Inaugural Parade reflect the spirit, values, and diversity of our great nation,” said President Obama. “Vice President Biden and I are honored to have them join us in the parade.”
The band previously participated in President Obama's 2009 inaugural parade. Watch the video below:
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- WATCH: Ben Carson Thinks President Can Ignore Courts on Marriage Equality