LGBT Marching Band Returns to Obama's Inaugural Parade
BY Michelle Garcia
December 19 2012 3:25 PM ET
The Lesbian and Gay Band Association will march in the 57th inaugural parade following the swearing in of President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.
More than 2,800 applications were submitted to perform in the parade, more than double the number of applicants in 2009.
“The talented groups chosen to participate in the Inaugural Parade reflect the spirit, values, and diversity of our great nation,” said President Obama. “Vice President Biden and I are honored to have them join us in the parade.”
The band previously participated in President Obama's 2009 inaugural parade. Watch the video below:
- Father of Teen Lesbian Facing Felony for Same-Sex Relationship Says Daughter's Been Targeted Before
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good As Dead, Say Advocates
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 30 min 31 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 1 hour 13 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 1 hour 26 min ago
- Music WATCH: Is This the Worst Music Video Ever? 1 hour 40 min ago
- Transgender Jesse Tyler Ferguson Slams His Former School's Transphobic Graduation Policy 1 hour 40 min ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame 1 hour 41 min ago
- Politics Democratic 'Betrayal' Leaves Binational Couples Stranded 1 hour 52 min ago