New Year Same Hangover?
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
January 09 2012 5:00 AM ET
Some say this 2.5-billion-year-old plant life is a miracle drug since studies have indicated it can lower blood pressure, cure colds, aid weight loss, balance blood sugar, provide energy, protect the brain, build the immune system, and more. It was even declared the most nutritionally dense food on earth by both NASA and the United Nations 40 years ago. Why care? It's also a natural way to prevent hangovers. But until recently, nobody paid attention. Why? "Probably because algae was missing sizzle," says NaughtyBits founder and CEO Catharine Arnston. "Substance it had. Heck, it's a nutritional rock star, but sizzle, no. Algae wasn't glamorous or packaged properly to catch anyone's attention." After Arnston's makeover, algae is now sold in the form of Naughty-Bits, algae tablets that have the highest concentration of protein in the world (60%), over 40 nutrients, and just one calorie per tab (think green, raw, vegan too).
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide