Wade Davis Predicts NHL Will Have First Pro to Come Out
BY Lucas Grindley
January 24 2013 12:20 PM ET
Former NFL player Wade Davis wishes he'd have come out while still a player. But he points to the NHL as the next most likely place for a pro athlete to come out.
Davis was interviewed on Current TV by Joy Behar Wednesday and the two discussed the state of the NFL and why Davis chose to hide his sexual orientation.
"It's one of the gayest sports in my opinion," Behar said of football. "They're always huddling with each other, then there's penetration in the end zone, don't even start."
"You should see what goes on in the locker room," Davis said, "and then you would definitely think it was the gayest sport on earth."
Watch the entire interview below.
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Bruce Jenner Tells All Tonight
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party