Wade Davis Predicts NHL Will Have First Pro to Come Out
BY Lucas Grindley
January 24 2013 12:20 PM ET
Former NFL player Wade Davis wishes he'd have come out while still a player. But he points to the NHL as the next most likely place for a pro athlete to come out.
Davis was interviewed on Current TV by Joy Behar Wednesday and the two discussed the state of the NFL and why Davis chose to hide his sexual orientation.
"It's one of the gayest sports in my opinion," Behar said of football. "They're always huddling with each other, then there's penetration in the end zone, don't even start."
"You should see what goes on in the locker room," Davis said, "and then you would definitely think it was the gayest sport on earth."
Watch the entire interview below.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune