Wade Davis Predicts NHL Will Have First Pro to Come Out
BY Lucas Grindley
January 24 2013 12:20 PM ET
Former NFL player Wade Davis wishes he'd have come out while still a player. But he points to the NHL as the next most likely place for a pro athlete to come out.
Davis was interviewed on Current TV by Joy Behar Wednesday and the two discussed the state of the NFL and why Davis chose to hide his sexual orientation.
"It's one of the gayest sports in my opinion," Behar said of football. "They're always huddling with each other, then there's penetration in the end zone, don't even start."
"You should see what goes on in the locker room," Davis said, "and then you would definitely think it was the gayest sport on earth."
Watch the entire interview below.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People