Whoopi Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws in Africa
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2014 2:49 PM ET
Comedian and activist Whoopi Goldberg criticized nations like Uganda and Nigeria for adapting hateful messaging from anti-LGBT people from the United States who have promoted their rhetoric in other countries.
Goldberg's video was a reminder to viewers that both Nigeria and now Uganda have passed laws that criminalize homosexuality with jail, and in some instances, even death.
"Dozens of LGBT Nigerians were rounded up -- when was the last time you heard that? People being 'rounded up?' It isn't good."
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s