Whoopi Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws in Africa
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2014 2:49 PM ET
Comedian and activist Whoopi Goldberg criticized nations like Uganda and Nigeria for adapting hateful messaging from anti-LGBT people from the United States who have promoted their rhetoric in other countries.
Goldberg's video was a reminder to viewers that both Nigeria and now Uganda have passed laws that criminalize homosexuality with jail, and in some instances, even death.
"Dozens of LGBT Nigerians were rounded up -- when was the last time you heard that? People being 'rounded up?' It isn't good."
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality