Whoopi Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws in Africa
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2014 2:49 PM ET
Comedian and activist Whoopi Goldberg criticized nations like Uganda and Nigeria for adapting hateful messaging from anti-LGBT people from the United States who have promoted their rhetoric in other countries.
Goldberg's video was a reminder to viewers that both Nigeria and now Uganda have passed laws that criminalize homosexuality with jail, and in some instances, even death.
"Dozens of LGBT Nigerians were rounded up -- when was the last time you heard that? People being 'rounded up?' It isn't good."
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags New England
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait