Whoopi Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws in Africa
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2014 2:49 PM ET
Comedian and activist Whoopi Goldberg criticized nations like Uganda and Nigeria for adapting hateful messaging from anti-LGBT people from the United States who have promoted their rhetoric in other countries.
Goldberg's video was a reminder to viewers that both Nigeria and now Uganda have passed laws that criminalize homosexuality with jail, and in some instances, even death.
"Dozens of LGBT Nigerians were rounded up -- when was the last time you heard that? People being 'rounded up?' It isn't good."
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word