Whoopi Condemns Anti-LGBT Laws in Africa
BY Michelle Garcia
March 02 2014 2:49 PM ET
Comedian and activist Whoopi Goldberg criticized nations like Uganda and Nigeria for adapting hateful messaging from anti-LGBT people from the United States who have promoted their rhetoric in other countries.
Goldberg's video was a reminder to viewers that both Nigeria and now Uganda have passed laws that criminalize homosexuality with jail, and in some instances, even death.
"Dozens of LGBT Nigerians were rounded up -- when was the last time you heard that? People being 'rounded up?' It isn't good."
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?