WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
BY Sunnivie Brydum
May 23 2013 5:00 AM ET
Yezak was inspired to shoot Second Class Citizens as a way to bring attention to the myriad ways LGBT people are still less than free and less than equal in modern American society.
"I chose to pursue this documentary because I experienced the feeling of discrimination based on sexual orientation, not only against myself but against everyone in our community," says Yezak. "I saw the common thread of discrimination, where it was coming from, and how we were getting rid of it and so I set out to tie together the bigger picture in the form of a documentary."
Watch the trailer below, and find more details on the film here.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series