Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 6:00 AM ET
"I first became involved with the Ali Forney Center when a board member, Neil Koenigsberg, invited me to a benefit. Because I am the blessed mother of a beautiful queer daughter, the plight of homeless LGBTQ teens is close to my heart. I'm committed to doing anything I can with the center in order to ease the lives of these valuable but abandoned young people in our community."
Ally Sheedy is a mother, actor, and writer. She has appeared in dozens of movies and television shows, notably War Games, The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Short Circuit, Maid to Order, and High Art, for which she received several awards, including the Independent Spirit Award for best actress. Sheedy holds a recurring role on the TV series Psych for four seasons, playing Yang. She has also appeared off-Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Upcoming films include Fugly with Jon Leguizamo and Full Circle, written by Neil LaBute. Sheedy has been teaching drama students at La Guardia High School part-time over the past year.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait
- Lesbian Couple Allegedly Beaten After Kissing Outside Six Flags in Mass.
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox