Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2013 6:00 AM ET
"I first became involved with the Ali Forney Center when a board member, Neil Koenigsberg, invited me to a benefit. Because I am the blessed mother of a beautiful queer daughter, the plight of homeless LGBTQ teens is close to my heart. I'm committed to doing anything I can with the center in order to ease the lives of these valuable but abandoned young people in our community."
Ally Sheedy is a mother, actor, and writer. She has appeared in dozens of movies and television shows, notably War Games, The Breakfast Club, St. Elmo's Fire, Short Circuit, Maid to Order, and High Art, for which she received several awards, including the Independent Spirit Award for best actress. Sheedy holds a recurring role on the TV series Psych for four seasons, playing Yang. She has also appeared off-Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Upcoming films include Fugly with Jon Leguizamo and Full Circle, written by Neil LaBute. Sheedy has been teaching drama students at La Guardia High School part-time over the past year.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Louisiana Judge Strikes Down State's Marriage Ban
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- Fergie: Labels and Love