This Is What Happens When Gay Men Draw Vaginas
BY Christopher Harrity
August 12 2014 6:00 AM ET
In one of the more unique Kickstarter projects we have seen this year, Shannon O'Malley and Keith Wilson are publishing a book of drawings of vaginas by gay men. They have been collecting them for three years. The drawings display a range of skill so as to lay bare the vagina of the collective gay male mind. Many of the drawings came out of art booth sessions they held in San Francisco, some of them were mailed, and some were made on request. The drawings range from childlike and cartoony to diagramatic and conceptual. They are funny and charming and possibly help break down barriers between two groups of folk who should really understand each other.
The Kickstarter page describes some of the very amusing benefits of financial sponsorship that make us want to get on board just to have contact with these two hilarious people.
About Wilson and O'Malley: He is a filmmaker and visual artist, she is a writer. They started making things together in Austin, Texas, when they took photos for O'Malley's recipe blog (now book), Apocalypse Cakes: Recipes for the End. Since then, they have both moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and have continued to collaborate.
Check out the video below and some samples on the following pages.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- WATCH: Violet Chachki & Alaska Get Ratchet in Team Heartbreak's 'Do It Like Miley'