20 Must-Read Books We Missed Last Year
BY Clea Kim and Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2013 5:00 AM ET
The Collection: Short Fiction from the Transgender Vanguard edited by Tom Léger and Riley MacLeod (Topside Press, $19.95)
This novel is written by a combination of dynamic writers illustrating transgender narratives. Twenty-eight authors from the United States and Canada come together in a single book to showcase the future of trans literature and the next big thing in queer art. This is the first collection of literary fiction featuring transgender protagonists. Their work represents a variety of no only gender identities but also narrative styles. A must-read for LGBT folks and anyone who isn't familiar wtih Imogen Binnie, Carter Sickels, Ryka Aokil, Donna Ostrowsky, Terence Diamond, and Stephen Ira (yes, that Stephen Ira) — some of the most innovative writers in the anthology.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Gay Women - News & Culture for Lesbian, Bisexual, and Trans Women
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- PHOTOS: The Moving History of a Gay Jewish Congregation