PHOTOS: Global Male Bonding Through Bodybuilding
BY Christopher Harrity
November 01 2013 4:00 AM ET
In 1964, Dimitry Dimitrievich Zhilinsky (b. 1927) created Gymnasts of the Soviet Union. The tempera on wood painting was meant to showcase the strength, grace, and beauty that the New Soviet Man was capable of attaining. Soviet Life (1956–91) was distributed in North America, and it constantly touted the glories of the socialist system. If every male in Russia looked like these gymnasts, there might have been a lot more defections to the East.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times