Your Queer Guide to Comic-Con
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
July 17 2013 3:08 AM ET
Comic-Con International, the annual gathering of fan boys and geek girls, returns this weekend to San Diego. Originally limited to showcasing comic books, science fiction/fantasy and related films and television shows, it has grown into a pop culture extravaganza that also incorporates horror, animation, anime, manga, collectible toys, new TV shows, and video games. And it's not just fans who migrate to the event; it draws some of the world’s most notable actors, artists, authors, producers, and directors.
As evidenced by the convention’s longest running panel, Gays in Comics (now making its 26th appearance; see last year's 25th anniversary below), there has long been a place for LGBT folks at Comic-Con. But this year may just be the queerest yet, with LGBT offerings every day of the convention.
To help you sort through it all, on the following pages is our guide to the best of queer Comic-Con.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts 8:18 PM
- Television 5 Reasons to Plug In to Masters of Sex 7:22 PM
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6:35 PM
- Music WATCH: Melissa Etheridge Debuts Song to Help Gay Russians 6:08 PM
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 6:03 PM
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 4:20 PM