WATCH: Brad Bell and Jane Espenson Talk about Gay Husbands at WonderCon
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
April 27 2013 3:00 AM ET
The web series Husbands follows gay newlyweds and celebrity couple Brady (a professional baseball player) and Cheeks (a famous actor) who woke up following a drunken weekend in Vegas to found themselves married. Their wedding becomes public and the couple — fearing a quicky divorce would only provide fodder for the anti-marriage equality contingent — decide to stick it out; to humorous effects. The only show featuring a relationship between two out actors, the series is also the most critically acclaimed program to emerge from new media.
Husbands creators Jane Espenson (the TV writer behind hits like Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Brad Bell (who also plays Cheeks on the show) take time out — at the recent WonderCon 2013 in Anaheim, Calif., where Husbands and its creators were a big hit — to talk about having the only entertainment series built around marriage equality, transforming Husbands into a graphic novel, and being in talks to bring the show to CW.com.
Watch for our upcoming interview with Bell and a review of the new graphic novel coming soon on Advocate.com.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Op-ed: The Gay Truth About Ronald Reagan