WATCH: Brad Bell and Jane Espenson Talk about Gay Husbands at WonderCon
BY Jacob Anderson-Minshall
April 27 2013 2:00 AM ET
The web series Husbands follows gay newlyweds and celebrity couple Brady (a professional baseball player) and Cheeks (a famous actor) who woke up following a drunken weekend in Vegas to found themselves married. Their wedding becomes public and the couple — fearing a quicky divorce would only provide fodder for the anti-marriage equality contingent — decide to stick it out; to humorous effects. The only show featuring a relationship between two out actors, the series is also the most critically acclaimed program to emerge from new media.
Husbands creators Jane Espenson (the TV writer behind hits like Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Brad Bell (who also plays Cheeks on the show) take time out — at the recent WonderCon 2013 in Anaheim, Calif., where Husbands and its creators were a big hit — to talk about having the only entertainment series built around marriage equality, transforming Husbands into a graphic novel, and being in talks to bring the show to CW.com.
Watch for our upcoming interview with Bell and a review of the new graphic novel coming soon on Advocate.com.
- Entertainment News Tom Daley: Russian Doll? 2 hours 32 sec ago
- Tyler Curry Op-ed: The Other Obligation That Comes With HIV 7:00 AM
- Film Queer Fan Art: The Hobbit 6:30 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: My Father's Daughter 5:00 AM
- Politics Phobie Awards: The 13 Worst People of the Year 4:00 AM
- Women 17 Reasons to Swoon Over Androgynous Model Harmony Boucher December 12 2013 8:48 PM
- Travel WestJet Showers Fliers With Holiday Gifts December 12 2013 8:18 PM