Hot Sheet: Efron, Gaga, Basquiat
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 30 2010 5:55 PM ET
Charlie St. Cloud — Zac Efron attempts the transition from teen idol to movie star with his starring role in Charlie St. Cloud, the story of a college student’s relationship with his dead brother. Reviews have been mixed to poor, with critics saying Efron has a way to go before he can start carrying the weight of a movie. But with most of the film taking place on the water, look for the actor to spend a fair amount of time flaunting his most famous assets.
Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child — Director and friend Tamra Davis centers her documentary on the life of artist Basquiat on a rare interview with him from more than 20 years ago, spliced together with interviews from those who knew him best. From his rise to “rock-star status” in the early ’80s to his friendship with Andy Warhol to his sudden death from a heroin overdose in 1988, Davis goes inside the mind of this tragic talent. Click here for showtimes around the country.
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- Fox Soars from 'Failing' to 'Excellent' in GLAAD Report