Michael Barrymore dropped from children's show
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
Troubled gay British comic Michael Barrymore has been dropped from his prime-time show Kids Say the Funniest Things, according to The [London] Sun. The decision was made in light of a recent scandal involving drinking, drugs, and a drowned man in Barrymores pool. Sources say that there is no way he can carry on hosting a show featuring children. Barrymores lover, John Kenney, revealed in an interview with News of the World that, pending test results on the drowning victim, police have told my lawyer the results are a matter of concern and they are now treating me and Michael as suspects. Police have asked Michael and me to make ourselves available.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule