Melissa Etheridge out with the flu
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
Lesbian recording artist Melissa Etheridge has been put out of commission due to the flu, according to Reuters. While this should not affect her upcoming nine-month tour, scheduled to begin August 4, Etheridge has had to cancel in-store appearances promoting her new book (The Truth Is...) and album (Skin) as well as postpone her induction into the Rock Walk on Hollywoods Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles. Etheridges publicist informs The Hollywood Reporter that Etheridges doctor advised her to rest for the remaining two weeks before she starts a tour.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- WATCH: Ben Carson Thinks President Can Ignore Courts on Marriage Equality