Elton John's glad to be gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2001 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with German magazine Amica published Wednesday, out singer Elton John said, "I am gay and wouldn't want to be heterosexual for all the money in the world," reports Reuters. He also waxed enthusiastic about his entertaining life: "I've got enough money, don't have to follow any rules, don't have to be in the office from 9 to 5 and take the kids to school in the morning. It is simply a fantastic life when you don't have any parameters. It's brilliant." John added that he plans to play piano on all his future songs, saying, "I am the piano man. That's what I'm best at. And that's why I'm so happy with the new album." His latest, Songs From the West Coast, will be released in October.
- What Happened Inside the Supreme Court Today
- 17 Celebs Who Are Rooting – And Tweeting – for Marriage Equality
- Antigay Heckler Dragged Out of Supreme Court
- High School Jocks Attend W. Virginia Prom Together
- LISTEN: Oral Arguments of Obergefell v. Hodges
- Hillary Clinton's Rainbow Logo Leads Politicians Proclaiming 'Love Can't Wait'