Elton John's glad to be gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2001 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with German magazine Amica published Wednesday, out singer Elton John said, "I am gay and wouldn't want to be heterosexual for all the money in the world," reports Reuters. He also waxed enthusiastic about his entertaining life: "I've got enough money, don't have to follow any rules, don't have to be in the office from 9 to 5 and take the kids to school in the morning. It is simply a fantastic life when you don't have any parameters. It's brilliant." John added that he plans to play piano on all his future songs, saying, "I am the piano man. That's what I'm best at. And that's why I'm so happy with the new album." His latest, Songs From the West Coast, will be released in October.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Sweden Is Adding a Gender-Neutral Pronoun to Its Dictionary
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People