Elton John's glad to be gay
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2001 11:00 PM ET
In an interview with German magazine Amica published Wednesday, out singer Elton John said, "I am gay and wouldn't want to be heterosexual for all the money in the world," reports Reuters. He also waxed enthusiastic about his entertaining life: "I've got enough money, don't have to follow any rules, don't have to be in the office from 9 to 5 and take the kids to school in the morning. It is simply a fantastic life when you don't have any parameters. It's brilliant." John added that he plans to play piano on all his future songs, saying, "I am the piano man. That's what I'm best at. And that's why I'm so happy with the new album." His latest, Songs From the West Coast, will be released in October.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model