PBS presents Sweeney Todd in Concert
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 31 2001 1:00 AM ET
Gay composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim's bloody triumph Sweeney Todd makes its way to PBS with the premiere of Sweeney Todd in Concert: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, premiering on Wednesday, October 31 (check local listings). The story tells the tale of Sweeney Todd, a London barber who lures his enemies into his chair so that he may slit their throats in revenge. Taped before a live audience in July, this concert production features George Hearn as Todd and Patti LuPone as Mrs. Lovett, backed by the San Francisco Symphony and Chorus. For more information, visit www.pbs.org.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 51 min 28 sec ago
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM