PBS presents Sweeney Todd in Concert
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 31 2001 12:00 AM ET
Gay composer-lyricist Stephen Sondheim's bloody triumph Sweeney Todd makes its way to PBS with the premiere of Sweeney Todd in Concert: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, premiering on Wednesday, October 31 (check local listings). The story tells the tale of Sweeney Todd, a London barber who lures his enemies into his chair so that he may slit their throats in revenge. Taped before a live audience in July, this concert production features George Hearn as Todd and Patti LuPone as Mrs. Lovett, backed by the San Francisco Symphony and Chorus. For more information, visit www.pbs.org.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?