Ziggy plays guitar--again--as Bowie concert film gets theatrical reissue
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2002 12:00 AM ET
Cowboy Pictures will release new 35-millimeter prints (in Dolby 5.1 stereo) of the David Bowie concert film Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, starting with a July 10 engagement at the Film Forum in New York, reports indieWIRE.com. The film, capturing Bowie at his gender-bending-est, documents his last concert in the Ziggy Stardust persona, filmed by legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker (Don't Look Back, Depeche Mode 101) at London's Hammersmith Odeon in 1973. EMI plans to release an enhanced version of the Ziggy Stardust album (with 12 additional songs) on July 16, and the Museum of Television and Radio in New York and Los Angeles will present a "David Bowie: Sound + Vision" retrospective June 7-September 15.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- PHOTOS: New Yorkers Combat Violence With Protest
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 2 hours 5 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 2 hours 10 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! May 21 2013 8:29 PM
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. May 21 2013 8:25 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' May 21 2013 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude May 21 2013 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth May 21 2013 6:34 PM