Ziggy plays guitar--again--as Bowie concert film gets theatrical reissue
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2002 12:00 AM ET
Cowboy Pictures will release new 35-millimeter prints (in Dolby 5.1 stereo) of the David Bowie concert film Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, starting with a July 10 engagement at the Film Forum in New York, reports indieWIRE.com. The film, capturing Bowie at his gender-bending-est, documents his last concert in the Ziggy Stardust persona, filmed by legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker (Don't Look Back, Depeche Mode 101) at London's Hammersmith Odeon in 1973. EMI plans to release an enhanced version of the Ziggy Stardust album (with 12 additional songs) on July 16, and the Museum of Television and Radio in New York and Los Angeles will present a "David Bowie: Sound + Vision" retrospective June 7-September 15.
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Original Intent of Indiana-Type Laws Has Been Warped
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?