Ziggy plays guitar--again--as Bowie concert film gets theatrical reissue
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2002 12:00 AM ET
Cowboy Pictures will release new 35-millimeter prints (in Dolby 5.1 stereo) of the David Bowie concert film Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, starting with a July 10 engagement at the Film Forum in New York, reports indieWIRE.com. The film, capturing Bowie at his gender-bending-est, documents his last concert in the Ziggy Stardust persona, filmed by legendary documentarian D.A. Pennebaker (Don't Look Back, Depeche Mode 101) at London's Hammersmith Odeon in 1973. EMI plans to release an enhanced version of the Ziggy Stardust album (with 12 additional songs) on July 16, and the Museum of Television and Radio in New York and Los Angeles will present a "David Bowie: Sound + Vision" retrospective June 7-September 15.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival