Another chapter of Tales of the City headed for TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2002 11:00 PM ET
In an interview with the Onion AV Club.com, author Armistead Maupin reports that more of his Tales of the City series is headed for the small screen. "The script arrived yesterday for Babycakes," says Maupin, referring to the fourth in the series of six books. "We're working with [production company] Working Title again in Britain. This will be a movie for television. Not a miniseries but a movie. The last three novels are better suited to be films than the first three, which were sprawling and episodic." No shooting date has yet been set.
Maupin is currently at work adapting his novel The Night Listener to the screen, in collaboration with business partner Terry Anderson.
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around The World 0 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Get HIV if I’m a Top? 3 min 49 sec ago
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 1 hour 37 min ago
- Parenting What's in My Dad Bag? 7:00 AM
- Politics Timeline: When Executive Orders Came First? 6:00 AM
- Current Issue One Issue Still Bucks The Trend for LGBT Equality 5:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 4:00 AM