Another chapter of Tales of the City headed for TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with the Onion AV Club.com, author Armistead Maupin reports that more of his Tales of the City series is headed for the small screen. "The script arrived yesterday for Babycakes," says Maupin, referring to the fourth in the series of six books. "We're working with [production company] Working Title again in Britain. This will be a movie for television. Not a miniseries but a movie. The last three novels are better suited to be films than the first three, which were sprawling and episodic." No shooting date has yet been set.
Maupin is currently at work adapting his novel The Night Listener to the screen, in collaboration with business partner Terry Anderson.
- Kris Humphries Doesn't Support Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times