Another chapter of Tales of the City headed for TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with the Onion AV Club.com, author Armistead Maupin reports that more of his Tales of the City series is headed for the small screen. "The script arrived yesterday for Babycakes," says Maupin, referring to the fourth in the series of six books. "We're working with [production company] Working Title again in Britain. This will be a movie for television. Not a miniseries but a movie. The last three novels are better suited to be films than the first three, which were sprawling and episodic." No shooting date has yet been set.
Maupin is currently at work adapting his novel The Night Listener to the screen, in collaboration with business partner Terry Anderson.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality