Another chapter of Tales of the City headed for TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2002 11:00 PM ET
In an interview with the Onion AV Club.com, author Armistead Maupin reports that more of his Tales of the City series is headed for the small screen. "The script arrived yesterday for Babycakes," says Maupin, referring to the fourth in the series of six books. "We're working with [production company] Working Title again in Britain. This will be a movie for television. Not a miniseries but a movie. The last three novels are better suited to be films than the first three, which were sprawling and episodic." No shooting date has yet been set.
Maupin is currently at work adapting his novel The Night Listener to the screen, in collaboration with business partner Terry Anderson.
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM