Another chapter of Tales of the City headed for TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with the Onion AV Club.com, author Armistead Maupin reports that more of his Tales of the City series is headed for the small screen. "The script arrived yesterday for Babycakes," says Maupin, referring to the fourth in the series of six books. "We're working with [production company] Working Title again in Britain. This will be a movie for television. Not a miniseries but a movie. The last three novels are better suited to be films than the first three, which were sprawling and episodic." No shooting date has yet been set.
Maupin is currently at work adapting his novel The Night Listener to the screen, in collaboration with business partner Terry Anderson.
- Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Why it's Time to Stop Stigmatizing Haitians 3 min 56 sec ago
- Health and Treatments Is There Such a Thing as HIV-Negative AIDS? 6 min 36 sec ago
- Religion Church of Scotland to Allow Gay Ministers 18 min 25 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel These Grooms Met Because of a Big Blue Dog 21 min 57 sec ago
- Crime Another Gay Man Attacked in New York City 24 min 31 sec ago
- Women Evan Rachel Wood, Anne Rice, Join Calls to 'Save Kate' 27 min 6 sec ago
- Women Shot of the Day: Jennifer Lawrence Buxom and Blue for X-Men 28 min 12 sec ago