Another chapter of Tales of the City headed for TV
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2002 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with the Onion AV Club.com, author Armistead Maupin reports that more of his Tales of the City series is headed for the small screen. "The script arrived yesterday for Babycakes," says Maupin, referring to the fourth in the series of six books. "We're working with [production company] Working Title again in Britain. This will be a movie for television. Not a miniseries but a movie. The last three novels are better suited to be films than the first three, which were sprawling and episodic." No shooting date has yet been set.
Maupin is currently at work adapting his novel The Night Listener to the screen, in collaboration with business partner Terry Anderson.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 43 min 15 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 1 hour 39 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 2 hours 13 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 2 hours 13 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 2 hours 13 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM