Six Feet Under's Greenblatt and Janollari to produce new comedy series for Lifetime
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 28 2003 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that out producers Robert Greenblatt and David Janollari (Six Feet Under) will executive-produce an hour-long comedy pilot for Lifetime Television. Tentatively titled Screwball Homicide, the show is a comedy about a female detective who solves crimes with the help of her ex, who turns out to be better as a sidekick than he was as a husband. Kelly Goode, Lifetime's senior vice president of programming, said, "It really feels like it goes back to the genre of the 1930s and '40s comedies. It's an homage to that but set in the present day. It's contemporary, certainly, but just has a light, breezy feel." Production of the pilot is scheduled for next month, and casting is currently under way.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- Op-ed: Has the LGBT Glass Ceiling Been Shattered in the Communications Field?
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama