Rosie demands tabloid retraction
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gay activist and former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell threatened Thursday to sue the National Enquirer after it ran a story saying that her partner, Kelli O'Donnell (nee Carpenter), had moved out with their 4-month-old daughter, Vivi, according to People.com. "Printing that I am 310 pounds is one thing," O'Donnell said. "Printing that my partner and our newborn daughter have left is another."
The tabloid's April 15 edition claimed that Kelli spent two night in a hotel after a fight with Rosie. "It's all a pack of lies, and the National Enquirer was told it was a pack of lies," O'Donnell's Los Angeles attorney, Bert Fields, said. Press officials for the Florida based National Enquirer declined to comment.
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 2 min 13 sec ago
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM