Rosie demands tabloid retraction
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2003 1:00 AM ET
Gay activist and former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell threatened Thursday to sue the National Enquirer after it ran a story saying that her partner, Kelli O'Donnell (nee Carpenter), had moved out with their 4-month-old daughter, Vivi, according to People.com. "Printing that I am 310 pounds is one thing," O'Donnell said. "Printing that my partner and our newborn daughter have left is another."
The tabloid's April 15 edition claimed that Kelli spent two night in a hotel after a fight with Rosie. "It's all a pack of lies, and the National Enquirer was told it was a pack of lies," O'Donnell's Los Angeles attorney, Bert Fields, said. Press officials for the Florida based National Enquirer declined to comment.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion