Rosie demands tabloid retraction
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2003 1:00 AM ET
Gay activist and former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell threatened Thursday to sue the National Enquirer after it ran a story saying that her partner, Kelli O'Donnell (nee Carpenter), had moved out with their 4-month-old daughter, Vivi, according to People.com. "Printing that I am 310 pounds is one thing," O'Donnell said. "Printing that my partner and our newborn daughter have left is another."
The tabloid's April 15 edition claimed that Kelli spent two night in a hotel after a fight with Rosie. "It's all a pack of lies, and the National Enquirer was told it was a pack of lies," O'Donnell's Los Angeles attorney, Bert Fields, said. Press officials for the Florida based National Enquirer declined to comment.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers