Rosie demands tabloid retraction
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2003 12:00 AM ET
Gay activist and former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell threatened Thursday to sue the National Enquirer after it ran a story saying that her partner, Kelli O'Donnell (nee Carpenter), had moved out with their 4-month-old daughter, Vivi, according to People.com. "Printing that I am 310 pounds is one thing," O'Donnell said. "Printing that my partner and our newborn daughter have left is another."
The tabloid's April 15 edition claimed that Kelli spent two night in a hotel after a fight with Rosie. "It's all a pack of lies, and the National Enquirer was told it was a pack of lies," O'Donnell's Los Angeles attorney, Bert Fields, said. Press officials for the Florida based National Enquirer declined to comment.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View