Kudrow and Bucatinsky to produce film for ABC Family
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2003 12:00 AM ET
Lisa Kudrow has signed on as executive producer of an original film for ABC Family. The romantic comedy Picking Up and Dropping Off will be the first project out of Is or Isn't Entertainment, the Friends star's joint shingle with out writer-producer Dan Bucatinsky (All Over the Guy). The pair also have been working on television pilots as part of a development deal they signed with Warner Bros. Television in June.
"They have been amazing producers," said Robin Schwartz, vice president of programming at ABC Family. "Lisa has to shoot two episodes of Friends per week, but she still makes it to every casting session." Picking will star Scott Wolf (Go) and Amanda Detmer (Saving Silverman) as single parents who come together as they struggle with their own children and separating from their former spouses. Originally scripted as a feature, Picking was written by Zack Estrin (Dawson's Creek) and Chris Levinson (Charmed).
"Lisa and I were taken with how unafraid they were to write flawed characters, which made them all the more relatable," Bucatinsky said. "They are real people who feel real pain as they try to put the pieces of their lives back together again." Picking will be the first TV project for Is or Isn't, which is working on series pilots as well. "We've got other stuff brewing that you will hear about shortly," Bucatinsky said.
- Current Issue Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis 39 min 36 sec ago
- Current Issue The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd 1 hour 38 min ago
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM