Kudrow and Bucatinsky to produce film for ABC Family
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2003 12:00 AM ET
Lisa Kudrow has signed on as executive producer of an original film for ABC Family. The romantic comedy Picking Up and Dropping Off will be the first project out of Is or Isn't Entertainment, the Friends star's joint shingle with out writer-producer Dan Bucatinsky (All Over the Guy). The pair also have been working on television pilots as part of a development deal they signed with Warner Bros. Television in June.
"They have been amazing producers," said Robin Schwartz, vice president of programming at ABC Family. "Lisa has to shoot two episodes of Friends per week, but she still makes it to every casting session." Picking will star Scott Wolf (Go) and Amanda Detmer (Saving Silverman) as single parents who come together as they struggle with their own children and separating from their former spouses. Originally scripted as a feature, Picking was written by Zack Estrin (Dawson's Creek) and Chris Levinson (Charmed).
"Lisa and I were taken with how unafraid they were to write flawed characters, which made them all the more relatable," Bucatinsky said. "They are real people who feel real pain as they try to put the pieces of their lives back together again." Picking will be the first TV project for Is or Isn't, which is working on series pilots as well. "We've got other stuff brewing that you will hear about shortly," Bucatinsky said.
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong?