Beyonce Knowles says God won't let her kiss girls
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
The [London] Sun reports that while the Almighty has no problems with her provocative wardrobe and onstage gyrations, he will not allow singer Beyonce Knowles to kiss girls. She tells the paper that her church has no problem with her shaking her tailfeather onstage but that God won't let her get away with a sapphic smooch along the lines of the recent Madonna-Britney Spears shenanigans on the MTV Video Music Awards. "I have standards," says the singer behind such hits as "Crazy in Love" and (with Destiny's Child) "Bootylicious." "There are things I will not do."
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument