Will Young to take on international Idol winners
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that openly gay Pop Idol winner Will Young will participate in an upcoming competition featuring the international winners of the Idol contests. A two-part World Idol special, scheduled for broadcast in the United Kingdom, will feature Young and American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, along with winning Idol singers from South Africa, Poland, the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, the Middle East, Belgium, Canada, and Australia. "When I dreamt up the idea of Pop Idol, I always saw it as a global concept," said series creator Simon Fuller. "The last two years have been fantastic, and it is incredibly satisfying to see a British TV idea being so successful on a global stage."
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Kris Jenner Weep About Bruce For Her Reality Show