Will Young to take on international Idol winners
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 14 2003 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that openly gay Pop Idol winner Will Young will participate in an upcoming competition featuring the international winners of the Idol contests. A two-part World Idol special, scheduled for broadcast in the United Kingdom, will feature Young and American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson, along with winning Idol singers from South Africa, Poland, the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, the Middle East, Belgium, Canada, and Australia. "When I dreamt up the idea of Pop Idol, I always saw it as a global concept," said series creator Simon Fuller. "The last two years have been fantastic, and it is incredibly satisfying to see a British TV idea being so successful on a global stage."
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.
- WATCH: Trans Advocate Brynn Tannehill's Powerful Advice on Anger, Allies