Scott Rudin to bring miniseries to big screen
May 05 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out producer Scott Rudin (The Hours, the upcoming remake of The Stepford Wives) is close to completing a deal with the BBC to turn the network's miniseries State of Play into a feature film, according to Variety. Play looks at the intersection of politics and journalism through the eyes of two friends--a member of Parliament and his former campaign manager, now a journalist--who find themselves on opposite sides when the former's assistant and mistress is found dead. State of Play is currently running on BBC America.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene