Girls Who Say They Like Girls
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2010 6:55 PM ET
What she said: “I feel sexuality to be very empowering. I think men love to believe that they own our sexuality, so if a woman represents herself in a sexual way, people think, ‘Oh it must be for a man.’ If I want to be sexual, it’s for my own appreciation and enjoyment! That’s why I like to talk about the fact that sometimes I am attracted to women. I appreciate their femininity and beauty.”— in the July 2010 issue of Company
What she was promoting: Her latest album, Bionic
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- Michael Sam, Cowboys Welcome Lull in Media Attention
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'