BY Brandon Voss
January 28 2011 12:10 PM ET
4. ART: “Your Face Here” and “Into the Neon”
Out celebrity photographer Austin Young kicks off his “Your Face Here” exhibit January 29 by turning his lens on random patrons, whose portraits will line the walls of Pop tART Gallery in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, at New York City’s +aRt, the mixed-art exhibition “Into the Neon” celebrates the collaboration of a dozen “queer- and trans-identified” artists who work in photography, sculpture, installation, performance art, film, and more.
3. TV: Just Josh
Going solo after a successful run of here! With Josh and Sara, hilarious host Josh Rosenzweig tweaks the traditional talk show format by blending celebrity interviews with VIP event coverage and other Manhattan man-on-the-street scenarios. The biweekly chat fest, which debuts January 28 on here! TV and here! Online, will include special guests such as Charles Busch, Duran Duran, Isabella Rossellini, Molly Shannon, and Sherry Vine.
2. FILM: Kaboom
New queer cinema pioneer Gregg Araki regresses in the best possible way with this trippy sci-fi comedy — winner of the Cannes Film Festival’s first Queer Palm — which opens January 28 in limited release. Thomas Dekker, who’ll soon be seen as Lance Loud in Cinema Verité, stars as a horny bisexual college freshman who crushes on his straight surfer roomie and uncovers an apocalyptic conspiracy with his acerbic lesbian bestie.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge