BY Brandon Voss
January 28 2011 11:10 AM ET
4. ART: “Your Face Here” and “Into the Neon”
Out celebrity photographer Austin Young kicks off his “Your Face Here” exhibit January 29 by turning his lens on random patrons, whose portraits will line the walls of Pop tART Gallery in Los Angeles. Meanwhile, at New York City’s +aRt, the mixed-art exhibition “Into the Neon” celebrates the collaboration of a dozen “queer- and trans-identified” artists who work in photography, sculpture, installation, performance art, film, and more.
3. TV: Just Josh
Going solo after a successful run of here! With Josh and Sara, hilarious host Josh Rosenzweig tweaks the traditional talk show format by blending celebrity interviews with VIP event coverage and other Manhattan man-on-the-street scenarios. The biweekly chat fest, which debuts January 28 on here! TV and here! Online, will include special guests such as Charles Busch, Duran Duran, Isabella Rossellini, Molly Shannon, and Sherry Vine.
2. FILM: Kaboom
New queer cinema pioneer Gregg Araki regresses in the best possible way with this trippy sci-fi comedy — winner of the Cannes Film Festival’s first Queer Palm — which opens January 28 in limited release. Thomas Dekker, who’ll soon be seen as Lance Loud in Cinema Verité, stars as a horny bisexual college freshman who crushes on his straight surfer roomie and uncovers an apocalyptic conspiracy with his acerbic lesbian bestie.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet