20 Best New Green Tech Products
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
April 19 2012 4:00 AM ET
Greening the Highway, Part 1
There are more green car options than ever before, according to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, which rates the environmental friendliness of every vehicle on market at GreenerCars.org. While Toyota, Chevy, Kia, and Hyundai all had lauded hybrids this year (including the new Prius plug-in that comes out this summer), the greenest car in America prize went to the Mitsubishi i-MIEV, a battery-operated 100% electric car that has no gas tank, gets the equivalent of 112 MPG, and produces zero on-road emissions, therefore no exhaust fumes (meaning it has no tailpipe to break off the next time you curb your car coming out of McDonald’s). Even better? It’s awfully cute.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People