Juno Temple: Talk
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 17 2012 1:14 PM ET
What can you reveal about your upcoming film Jack and Diane, in which you play a lesbian and possibly a werewolf.
It’s a beautiful love story between these two young women in New York. The girl I play has never fallen in love with a girl before but has an affair with a young woman who has. She makes this discovery and is mesmerized by this woman. I don’t know if you’ve been through this but I have…it’s this idea of loving someone so much that you want them flowing through your veins. Not in a gross way, but just that you want this person to be a part of you. That’s what the film is about. My character has these weird fantasy-dreams about become a werewolf-demon because she’s keeping secrets from her girlfriend. I don’t want to give too much away but there’s a really great scene that symbolizes that. I had an amazing time working with Riley Keough. She’s a great kisser.
And she’s the granddaughter of Elvis Presley.
Yes, but I don’t get star struck. Although maybe if I’d met Kurt Cobain… Riley and I just had fun and we lived in Brooklyn together while we filmed this. There are some scenes that were very sexual, but if you’re not willing to throw yourself into it completely, don’t do the movie. I think it’s so important to fully commit to it. I had a great time working with her and kissing her and eating dinner with her. She’s beautiful inside and out. She’s a magical human being. I’m lucky to have her in my life.
You’re also in the next Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. I don’t suppose you can…
I can’t say anything. It’s top secret. It was just mind blowing to be a part of such a big project. I don’t care about being famous. I just love acting and I want to keep doing it and play roles that take me out of who I am. Acting helps me discover emotions and fantasies and dreams that I’ve never had. Whether it’s a big studio movie or a tiny independent film, they’re always challenging and daunting. I’m always nervous on my first day because I care. When that feeling goes away it’ll be time to find a new career.
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- We Love Liberace Now Even More Than 30 Years Ago
- PHOTOS: Real Weddings, Real People
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The Wedding Channel WATCH: Flash Mob Gay Marriage Proposal in Central Park 2 min 59 sec ago
- Women Cannes is Abuzz About Blue is the Warmest Color's Explicit Lesbian Sex Scenes 24 min 52 sec ago
- Sports Giants Pitcher Jeremy Affeldt Shares His Evolution on Homophobia 52 min 6 sec ago
- Youth Disney Exec Named Head of GLSEN Board 1 hour 48 min ago
- Transgender Transgender High School Senior Skips His Graduation 1 hour 48 min ago
- Books Q&A Quickie: Justin Hernandez, from Gay Stripper to Naked Author 1 hour 54 min ago
- Women Todd Haynes To Direct Blanchett/Wasikowska in Patricia Highsmith Lesbian Potboiler 2 hours 8 min ago