Juno Temple: Talk
BY Jeremy Kinser
January 17 2012 1:14 PM ET
What can you reveal about your upcoming film Jack and Diane, in which you play a lesbian and possibly a werewolf.
It’s a beautiful love story between these two young women in New York. The girl I play has never fallen in love with a girl before but has an affair with a young woman who has. She makes this discovery and is mesmerized by this woman. I don’t know if you’ve been through this but I have…it’s this idea of loving someone so much that you want them flowing through your veins. Not in a gross way, but just that you want this person to be a part of you. That’s what the film is about. My character has these weird fantasy-dreams about become a werewolf-demon because she’s keeping secrets from her girlfriend. I don’t want to give too much away but there’s a really great scene that symbolizes that. I had an amazing time working with Riley Keough. She’s a great kisser.
And she’s the granddaughter of Elvis Presley.
Yes, but I don’t get star struck. Although maybe if I’d met Kurt Cobain… Riley and I just had fun and we lived in Brooklyn together while we filmed this. There are some scenes that were very sexual, but if you’re not willing to throw yourself into it completely, don’t do the movie. I think it’s so important to fully commit to it. I had a great time working with her and kissing her and eating dinner with her. She’s beautiful inside and out. She’s a magical human being. I’m lucky to have her in my life.
You’re also in the next Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. I don’t suppose you can…
I can’t say anything. It’s top secret. It was just mind blowing to be a part of such a big project. I don’t care about being famous. I just love acting and I want to keep doing it and play roles that take me out of who I am. Acting helps me discover emotions and fantasies and dreams that I’ve never had. Whether it’s a big studio movie or a tiny independent film, they’re always challenging and daunting. I’m always nervous on my first day because I care. When that feeling goes away it’ll be time to find a new career.
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS What Do You Do When You Find Out You Have HIV? March 12 2014 7:06 PM