FIRST LOOK: Carrie Remake With Julianne Moore, Chloe Grace Moretz
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 3:04 PM ET
The first photos from director Kimberly Peirce's adaptation of Stephen King's Carrie show Chloë Grace Moretz in the iconic bloody prom dress and Julianne Moore full of barely-contained fire-and-brimstone fury.
Entertainment Weekly has the the first two images of the redo from Boys Don't Cry helmer Peirce, which will be released March 13. Her version of King's classic novel, previously filmed in 1976 with Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, will be "modernized" and "more character-focused."
Moore discusses the complexities of her character Margaret White, the fanatically religious mother of teenage misfit Carrie White.
“This woman has clearly had a psychotic break, perhaps several,” Moore tells EW. “But what’s sad about it for me is that she’s clearly sick and here’s this poor child in the thrall of this person who is seriously ill. And on top of that, they have this mother-daughter relationship. So we want to make that relationship as meaningful as possible, even though it is horrible and destructive.”
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- LGBT People Are Driving an Upheaval in Video Games
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LSU Fraternity Faces Heat For Crass Michael Sam Banner
- WATCH: Gay Vlogger Tyler Oakley Talks Education With Michelle Obama
- Gay Photographer Blinded With Gasoline In U.K. Hate Crime