FIRST LOOK: Carrie Remake With Julianne Moore, Chloe Grace Moretz
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 3:04 PM ET
The first photos from director Kimberly Peirce's adaptation of Stephen King's Carrie show Chloë Grace Moretz in the iconic bloody prom dress and Julianne Moore full of barely-contained fire-and-brimstone fury.
Entertainment Weekly has the the first two images of the redo from Boys Don't Cry helmer Peirce, which will be released March 13. Her version of King's classic novel, previously filmed in 1976 with Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, will be "modernized" and "more character-focused."
Moore discusses the complexities of her character Margaret White, the fanatically religious mother of teenage misfit Carrie White.
“This woman has clearly had a psychotic break, perhaps several,” Moore tells EW. “But what’s sad about it for me is that she’s clearly sick and here’s this poor child in the thrall of this person who is seriously ill. And on top of that, they have this mother-daughter relationship. So we want to make that relationship as meaningful as possible, even though it is horrible and destructive.”
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa 4:00 AM
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels May 24 2013 8:55 PM
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' May 24 2013 8:25 PM
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student May 24 2013 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship May 24 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked May 24 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition May 24 2013 7:00 PM