WATCH: Trailer for Chris Colfer's 'Struck By Lightning'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 31 2012 5:23 PM ET
Out actor Chris Colfer, best known as Glee's Kurt Hummel, is trying his hand at screenwriting with his debut film, in which he also stars, called Struck by Lightning. The coming-of-age film features a star-studded cast, including Allison Janney, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, and Dermot Mulroney. Colfer stars as the snarky, intellectual Carson Phillips, who dreams of breaking out of his small-town high school to become an acclaimed writer for The New Yorker, The Los Angeles Times, and The New York Times. But to make those dreams a reality, Carson has to wrangle a rag-tag group of student journalists to help him produce a campus literary magazine.
The film is currently making the rounds on the festival circuit, and debuted at Tribeca Film Festival in April. Watch the official trailer below. Struck By Lightning opens in theaters in January 2013.
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Transgender High School Senior Skips Graduation Over School's Transphobic Policy
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families 1 hour 48 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process 2 hours 33 min ago
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile 2 hours 51 min ago
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva 6:15 PM