WATCH: Trailer for Chris Colfer's 'Struck By Lightning'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 31 2012 5:23 PM ET
Out actor Chris Colfer, best known as Glee's Kurt Hummel, is trying his hand at screenwriting with his debut film, in which he also stars, called Struck by Lightning. The coming-of-age film features a star-studded cast, including Allison Janney, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, and Dermot Mulroney. Colfer stars as the snarky, intellectual Carson Phillips, who dreams of breaking out of his small-town high school to become an acclaimed writer for The New Yorker, The Los Angeles Times, and The New York Times. But to make those dreams a reality, Carson has to wrangle a rag-tag group of student journalists to help him produce a campus literary magazine.
The film is currently making the rounds on the festival circuit, and debuted at Tribeca Film Festival in April. Watch the official trailer below. Struck By Lightning opens in theaters in January 2013.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion