WATCH: Trailer for Chris Colfer's 'Struck By Lightning'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 31 2012 5:23 PM ET
Out actor Chris Colfer, best known as Glee's Kurt Hummel, is trying his hand at screenwriting with his debut film, in which he also stars, called Struck by Lightning. The coming-of-age film features a star-studded cast, including Allison Janney, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, and Dermot Mulroney. Colfer stars as the snarky, intellectual Carson Phillips, who dreams of breaking out of his small-town high school to become an acclaimed writer for The New Yorker, The Los Angeles Times, and The New York Times. But to make those dreams a reality, Carson has to wrangle a rag-tag group of student journalists to help him produce a campus literary magazine.
The film is currently making the rounds on the festival circuit, and debuted at Tribeca Film Festival in April. Watch the official trailer below. Struck By Lightning opens in theaters in January 2013.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias March 10 2014 6:08 PM