WATCH: Trailer for Chris Colfer's 'Struck By Lightning'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 31 2012 4:23 PM ET
Out actor Chris Colfer, best known as Glee's Kurt Hummel, is trying his hand at screenwriting with his debut film, in which he also stars, called Struck by Lightning. The coming-of-age film features a star-studded cast, including Allison Janney, Rebel Wilson, Christina Hendricks, Sarah Hyland, and Dermot Mulroney. Colfer stars as the snarky, intellectual Carson Phillips, who dreams of breaking out of his small-town high school to become an acclaimed writer for The New Yorker, The Los Angeles Times, and The New York Times. But to make those dreams a reality, Carson has to wrangle a rag-tag group of student journalists to help him produce a campus literary magazine.
The film is currently making the rounds on the festival circuit, and debuted at Tribeca Film Festival in April. Watch the official trailer below. Struck By Lightning opens in theaters in January 2013.
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Rep. Polis's Epic Blowup on House Floor Over Immigration
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 2 hours 18 min ago
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM