28 Sexy (Movie) Men in Uniform
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
March 07 2013 8:00 AM ET
Richard Gere and David Keith in An Officer and a Gentleman (1982)
Superb acting, great romantic film, with the main thing everyone remembers about An Officer and a Gentleman: a scene in which Richard Gere (a independent Naval officer candidate known as Zack Mayo) charges in to the workplace of Debra Winger (with whom he's had a embattled love-hate courtship) in his full Navy regalia and swoops her off her feet and presumably out of her dead-end life and into his bed (er, life) while the Oscar-winning song "Up Where We Belong" plays in the background. In your vision, keep the song, replace yourself with Winger and, well, you get why the scene has been recreated for both comedy and drama in subsequent films and TV shows and SNL skits.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad