7 of the Best and Worst Renditions of Allen Ginsberg
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
October 24 2013 4:11 AM ET
Daniel Radcliffe’s new take on Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings brings back the not-so-distant memories of James Franco’s portrayal of the Beat poet in Howl. But the two are in a group of many actors who have attempted to put their creative stamp on the role. So here’s a look at the range of renditions of Ginsberg that have hit the big screen.
With the hairstyle, makeup, and the iconic glasses, Radcliffe looks surprisingly similar to the young Ginsberg. And to his critics, Radcliffe pointed out he suited the role much better than predecessors. "Any criticism of me not looking right for the part — well, James Franco is way too good-looking to play Allen Ginsberg,” Radcliffe told BBC News.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark 2 hours 15 min ago
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang 2 hours 29 min ago
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? 2 hours 42 min ago
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested 6:34 PM
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 5:33 PM
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 4:25 PM