7 of the Best and Worst Renditions of Allen Ginsberg
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
October 24 2013 4:11 AM ET
Daniel Radcliffe’s new take on Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings brings back the not-so-distant memories of James Franco’s portrayal of the Beat poet in Howl. But the two are in a group of many actors who have attempted to put their creative stamp on the role. So here’s a look at the range of renditions of Ginsberg that have hit the big screen.
With the hairstyle, makeup, and the iconic glasses, Radcliffe looks surprisingly similar to the young Ginsberg. And to his critics, Radcliffe pointed out he suited the role much better than predecessors. "Any criticism of me not looking right for the part — well, James Franco is way too good-looking to play Allen Ginsberg,” Radcliffe told BBC News.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College