7 of the Best and Worst Renditions of Allen Ginsberg
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
October 24 2013 3:11 AM ET
Daniel Radcliffe’s new take on Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings brings back the not-so-distant memories of James Franco’s portrayal of the Beat poet in Howl. But the two are in a group of many actors who have attempted to put their creative stamp on the role. So here’s a look at the range of renditions of Ginsberg that have hit the big screen.
With the hairstyle, makeup, and the iconic glasses, Radcliffe looks surprisingly similar to the young Ginsberg. And to his critics, Radcliffe pointed out he suited the role much better than predecessors. "Any criticism of me not looking right for the part — well, James Franco is way too good-looking to play Allen Ginsberg,” Radcliffe told BBC News.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role