7 of the Best and Worst Renditions of Allen Ginsberg
BY Tiara Chiaramonte
October 24 2013 4:11 AM ET
Daniel Radcliffe’s new take on Allen Ginsberg in Kill Your Darlings brings back the not-so-distant memories of James Franco’s portrayal of the Beat poet in Howl. But the two are in a group of many actors who have attempted to put their creative stamp on the role. So here’s a look at the range of renditions of Ginsberg that have hit the big screen.
With the hairstyle, makeup, and the iconic glasses, Radcliffe looks surprisingly similar to the young Ginsberg. And to his critics, Radcliffe pointed out he suited the role much better than predecessors. "Any criticism of me not looking right for the part — well, James Franco is way too good-looking to play Allen Ginsberg,” Radcliffe told BBC News.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival