WATCH: Veronica Mars Trailer Premieres Online
BY Patrick Yacco
January 06 2014 2:20 PM ET
Veronica Mars is headed to theaters in March, and the extended trailer for the much-anticipated film was recently released online via E!
Based on the cult television series, Veronica Mars follows a crime-solving young woman in a noir-tinged Southern California. In this new chapter Veronica will help clear her ex-boyfriend of accusations of murdering his current girlfriend.
The film, starring Kristen Bell, sought backing through crowdfunding platform Kickstarter. The fundraising effort broke numerous records for the site and ultimately raised more than $5.7 million. Gifts for donors included DVDs, posters, T-shirts, and scripts, and big-ticket items ranged from private screenings to speaking roles in the film.
Not only did the Veronica Mars TV series feature queer-themed storylines, but Bell herself has been an advocate of LGBT rights and spoken about the series' diverse fan base. In a 2012 interview with The Advocate, the actress said, "Veronica always stood up for the underdog, and many people in the LGBT community identify themselves as an underdog because that's what America does to them. Veronica was always a friend to outsiders and very much against bullying of any kind."
Watch the full trailer in the video below.
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions