Mastering a Gay Ritual: The Boozy Brunch
BY Neal Broverman
August 17 2012 4:00 AM ET
Gay people have no shortage of amazing rituals — wit, shopping, dancing until dawn, etc. — but one of the best is brunch. Sitting at a table with bellinis, blueberry pancakes, and a gaggle of friends, discussing what happened the night before, is a pleasure known by many LGBT people. But have you tried hosting your own leisurely liquor-soaked mid-morning feast? Boozy Brunch: The Quintessential Guide to Daytime Drinking, a new book by Brooklyn writer Peter Joseph and New York photographer Salma Khalil, features dozens of drink recipes that provide hair of the dog, and then some (there's even recipes for some classic brunch dishes). See some of our favorite cocktail confections on the following pages.
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Slate's Dear Prudence Tells Bisexual Reader to Stay Closeted
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was The Response Like?