Hot Sheet: Unpredictable Folk
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2013 2:10 PM ET
9. BOOKS: Calling Dr. Laura: A Graphic Memoir By Nicole J. Georges
In this coming-of-age/coming-out graphic memoir, noted Portland zinester and illustrator Nicole J. Georges chronicles her discovery that her mother lied to her when she said her father had died. Instead, Georges learns through her half-sister that he had been alive and her entire family had been keeping that secret for two decades. Georges turns to controversial Dr. Laura to help her sort it all out. Preorder the memoir, which comes out January 22.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View