Hot Sheet: Unpredictable Folk
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2013 3:10 PM ET
9. BOOKS: Calling Dr. Laura: A Graphic Memoir By Nicole J. Georges
In this coming-of-age/coming-out graphic memoir, noted Portland zinester and illustrator Nicole J. Georges chronicles her discovery that her mother lied to her when she said her father had died. Instead, Georges learns through her half-sister that he had been alive and her entire family had been keeping that secret for two decades. Georges turns to controversial Dr. Laura to help her sort it all out. Preorder the memoir, which comes out January 22.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'