Hot Sheet: Unpredictable Folk
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2013 3:10 PM ET
9. BOOKS: Calling Dr. Laura: A Graphic Memoir By Nicole J. Georges
In this coming-of-age/coming-out graphic memoir, noted Portland zinester and illustrator Nicole J. Georges chronicles her discovery that her mother lied to her when she said her father had died. Instead, Georges learns through her half-sister that he had been alive and her entire family had been keeping that secret for two decades. Georges turns to controversial Dr. Laura to help her sort it all out. Preorder the memoir, which comes out January 22.
- 14 Camp Classics We Can't Stop Quoting — Bad Girls Edition
- Obama Cracks Marriage Equality Jokes at White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Antigay Ark. Rally Eclipsed by Protesters Shouting 'Love Is Love'
- WATCH: Preview of Tomorrow's Supreme Court Argument
- Bruce Jenner's Republican Revelation Draws Anger, Praise
- PHOTOS: Supreme Court Protest