BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
Miley Cyrus — "Party in the U.S.A."
Five friends, a weekend in Fire Island, and some spare time ... who’d have predicted Perez Hilton would find and post the video and Miley herself would become “obsessed” with watching it.
“After an hour or so of regrets, I realized that we are just a group of guys having a summer of sun, fun, and Miley,” Ryan Slyper, who didn’t know the song and had to be fed his lines, says of making the video. “It's all fun and games until you are rolling around the beach in a Speedo lip-synching for your life."
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media