BY Advocate.com Editors
October 22 2009 5:35 PM ET
Miley Cyrus — "Party in the U.S.A."
Five friends, a weekend in Fire Island, and some spare time ... who’d have predicted Perez Hilton would find and post the video and Miley herself would become “obsessed” with watching it.
“After an hour or so of regrets, I realized that we are just a group of guys having a summer of sun, fun, and Miley,” Ryan Slyper, who didn’t know the song and had to be fed his lines, says of making the video. “It's all fun and games until you are rolling around the beach in a Speedo lip-synching for your life."
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Miley Cyrus Features LGBT Youth and Drag Queens in VMA's Closing Number
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- Ellen DeGeneres and Gap Launch New Clothing Line for Girls That Challenges Stereotypes
- Behind the Scenes of Stonewall