BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 4:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Jared Leto
- Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming
- Pope's Civil Unions Comments Spur Hope — But Caution Too
- Pope Francis Says Church Must Examine Civil Unions
- Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC Event
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Commentary Op-ed: 'License to Discriminate' Bills Will Keep Coming 35 min 41 sec ago
- Women Ellen's Oscars' Selfie Gets Simpson-ized! March 06 2014 7:56 PM
- Travel General Motors Hopes to Impress You at Mammoth Gay Ski Week March 06 2014 7:24 PM
- Women WATCH: American Idol's Out Contestant MK Nobilette Does 'Drops of Jupiter' March 06 2014 7:18 PM
- Books Gay Propaganda Brings Russian Love Stories to Light March 06 2014 6:06 PM
- Film Jamie Lee Curtis Bringing Life of First Gay Baseball Player to Big Screen March 06 2014 5:48 PM
- Politics Here's Why Facebook Is Sponsoring Right-Wing CPAC March 06 2014 5:12 PM