BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 5:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Marriage Equality Recalls of Pro-Marriage Equality Lawmakers Quashed in Minnesota 19 min 16 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 1 hour 15 min ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 1 hour 49 min ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 1 hour 49 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 1 hour 49 min ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM