BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 5:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Op-ed: Slut-Shaming Is a Cause of HIV
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives