BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 5:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet