BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 5:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- Minister From Viral Video Is Not a Gay Rights Champion After All