BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 5:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 10 min 46 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 16 min 49 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 12 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 1 hour 42 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 2 hours 34 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM