BY Matthew Breen
December 01 2010 5:35 PM ET
Firebrand songwriter, opera provocateur, and pop insurgent Rufus Wainwright will perform December 6, 2010, at Carnegie Hall in support of his new album All Days Are Nights: Songs For Lulu.
At a recent performance at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles, Wainwright spoke to Advocate On Air (below) about Lulu, how the passing of his mother has influenced his songwriting, and why writing an opera has been a burning desire since childhood.
Tickets for Carnegie Hall are available here.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- 'Mom, I'm Trans': Comparing Our Coming-Out Experiences to Caitlyn Jenner's
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015