Nicki Minaj Admits She Lied About Being Bisexual
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
September 05 2012 12:31 PM ET
In an article in Rolling Stone that is either brand new or a few years old but reposted on their website this morning thanks to a technical glitch (reports seem to vary on this), rapper Nicki Minaj says that she claimed to be bisexual early in her career solely to garner attention. "I think girls are sexy," she's quoted as saying. "But I'm not going to lie and say that I date girls."
Minaj confounded fans yesterday when lyrics for a new mixtape came out in which she says she's voting for Mitt Romney, and while Twitter went wild with haters, several media outlets came to her defense. Feminist blogger Amanda Marcotte tweeted, "Anyone who seriously thought Nicki Minaj endorsed Romney should quit writing and learn to understand basic humor tropes." Minaj ignored the hubub.
And though LGBT fans are now wondering which of Minaj's sexuality declarations are true, it's likely the hip hop star will ignore this issue too.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson