PHOTOS: A Little More Cosplay
BY Christopher Harrity
November 23 2013 4:00 AM ET
Wikipedia defines: Cosplay, short for "costume play", is a performance art in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea. Cosplayers often interact to create a subculture centered on role play. A broader use of the term cosplay applies to any costumed role play in venues apart from the stage, regardless of the cultural context.
So at this time of year, Halloween, Bent-Con, and the like, bring out the secret superhero and villain in many of us. Longtime Advocate contributor and photographer Greg Zabilski sent us these photos he took at a party around All Hallow's Eve recently. Obviously, Greg (pictured in all-silver with a winged helmet), is on the best guest lists.
For more from this private party and about Mr. Zabilski check out his Facebook page.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations