PHOTOS: Global Activism and Celebrity Support
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 08 2013 10:50 AM ET
From protests of Russia’s antigay laws to celebrities receiving awards for their dedication to equality, support for the LGBT community continues to grow around the globe.
A crowd of people sing the Russian national anthem at the Stockholm Olympic Stadium Sunday while raising rainbow flags in solidarity with LGBT Russians. A project called Live and Let Love will use footage from the event to be combined with that of with other singers and musicians from around the world to make a video that will be shown on YouTube ahead of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- PHOTOS: Let's Take a Long Look at Long Beach Pride