Rosie's New Film Examines How Kids Cope with Divorce
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 02 2012 10:16 AM ET
A new HBO documentary produced by Rosie O'Donnell looks at how young children deal with the "confusing, often-painful challenge of their parents’ divorce."
Don't Divorce Me! Kids' Rules for Parents on Divorce will "combine candid interviews, drawings, songs and photos, this insightful film gives kids a chance to share poignant stories of how divorce has impacted their lives – and offer helpful advice to their parents," according to the HBO press release.
O’Donnell, who divorced Kelli Carpenter in 2007 after three years of marriage and produced the network's acclaimed 2010 doc A Family Is a Family Is a Family, will again executive-produce. The new documentary, like the previous one, is directed by Emmy-winner Amy Schatz. The press release describes the new film as a "heartfelt, upbeat documentary shows how children comprehend and cope with the separation of their parents, suggesting ways adults can make this difficult transition easier for their kids." Don't Divorce Me! will premiere on HBO September 20.
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? 49 min 44 sec ago
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary 1 hour 22 min ago
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! 1 hour 42 min ago
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse 4:41 PM
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 4:07 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 3:20 PM
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM