Ed Helms: Star of The Hangover and The Office Joins Chick-fil-A Boycott
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 18 2012 2:14 PM ET
Actor Ed Helms calls Chick-fil-A's stance on marriage equality "lame" and says the fast food franchise has lost a loyal customer.
Website TMZ first reported the tweet from the popular star of NBC's The Office and The Hangover movies, which reads, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."
The star's comment is in response to news that broke Tuesday, in which Dan Cathy, COO of Chick-fil-A, was asked if the company had indeed established a position against marriage equality. "Guilty as charged," Cathy replied, then went on to explain its adherence to what it believes are biblical principles.
The company has reported millions of dollars in donations to antigay groups including the Family Research Council and the Marriage and Family Foundation.
Two years ago Helms revealed that he is largely responsible for the Ellen DeGeneres-Porta de Rossi union, after playing matchmaker on the set of the sitcom Arrested Development.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Vladimir Putin
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- These 48 Trans Women and Men Changed the World