Ed Helms: Star of The Hangover and The Office Joins Chick-fil-A Boycott
BY Jeremy Kinser
July 18 2012 3:14 PM ET
Actor Ed Helms calls Chick-fil-A's stance on marriage equality "lame" and says the fast food franchise has lost a loyal customer.
Website TMZ first reported the tweet from the popular star of NBC's The Office and The Hangover movies, which reads, "Chick-Fil-A doesn't like gay people? So lame. Hate to think what they do to the gay chickens! Lost a loyal fan."
The star's comment is in response to news that broke Tuesday, in which Dan Cathy, COO of Chick-fil-A, was asked if the company had indeed established a position against marriage equality. "Guilty as charged," Cathy replied, then went on to explain its adherence to what it believes are biblical principles.
The company has reported millions of dollars in donations to antigay groups including the Family Research Council and the Marriage and Family Foundation.
Two years ago Helms revealed that he is largely responsible for the Ellen DeGeneres-Porta de Rossi union, after playing matchmaker on the set of the sitcom Arrested Development.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)