Best Tweet Ever: Joan Rivers Wishes You a Very Jewish St. Patrick’s Day
BY Jami Smith
March 18 2012 10:55 PM ET
Every week, The Advocate's Jami Smith brings you the top 10 tweets
from LGBT comedians — and our favorite gay jokes from straight comedians, or
just whatever made us laugh. For daily updates, join the more than 4,800 people
who already follow @gaysayer on Twitter.And now a post from your host:
I wash my sheets a lot to keep up the appearance of living life to the fullest.
— Jami Smith (@jamismithcomic) March 9, 2012
Number 10 :
I never chose to be a lesbian.I just always fell in love with great people who I eventually went to the gym with and realized were women
— Paula Pell (@perlapell) March 17, 2012
My dad just referred to grindr as buttbook. I want to call that progress. #gayrights
— Peter Depp (@peterdepp) March 14, 2012
St. Patrick just threw up all over the pearly gates. Sigh... if I had known it would be like this I'd have let Ireland stay pagan.
— God (@TheTweetOfGod) March 17, 2012
Everyone in the airport is wearing green, all except the gay men. They're wearing chartreuse.
— Shawn Pelofsky (@shawnpelofsky) March 17, 2012
So, if a lesbian cruise ship hits an iceberg, is it "femmes and children first" into the lifeboats? (And "bottoms first" on the gay cruise?)
— Kevin Taylor (@KEVTaylor17) March 12, 2012
I think the gays should take over Uganda and change the name of the country to Ugogurl.
— Nick Stadler (@NickadooLA) March 9, 2012
The tooth fairy just recently recovered from the Julia Roberts years.
— Eminence Front (@tweetcomedian) March 18, 2012
Santorum sweeps South. Feels weird about it because that's women's work.
— Chris Doucette (@Chris_Doucette) March 14, 2012
Woohoo! St. Patrick's Day! I celebrated by taking a shot, shouting "homo" into a mirror, then throwing myself against a wall.
— Chris Kelly (@imchriskelly) March 17, 2012
Number 1, Best Tweet Ever:
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day!!!I'm not Irish.I’m Jewish. If you want to see green on me, check my wallet.
— Joan Rivers (@Joan_Rivers) March 17, 2012
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth
- WATCH: What Happens When a Gay Boy Scout Comes Out to His Camp Leader
- Canada Lifts Lifetime Blood Ban on Gay Men — But There's a Catch
- Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process to Remain Relevant
- Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM
- Sports Gay Athletes Hop Aboard the Condom Mobile May 23 2013 7:15 PM
- Crime Questions Over Police Response to Murder of N.Y. Gay Man Still Unanswered May 23 2013 7:02 PM
- Marriage Equality Nevada Takes Another Step Toward Marriage Equality May 23 2013 6:41 PM
- Youth Boy Scouts Vote to End Discrimination Against Gay Youth May 23 2013 6:22 PM
- Theater WATCH: How Billy Porter Becomes Kinky Boots Drag Diva May 23 2013 6:15 PM