WATCH: Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Eric Stonestreet Talk Modern FamilyWedding
BY Jami Smith
April 30 2014 12:46 PM ET
Network television is on a roll this year with gay weddings. Last month, NBC aired the first wedding between two men on a soap opera with the three episode arc on Days of Our Lives. Now ABC is following suit on Modern Family, with Cam and Mitchell finally tying the knot after five years.
The actors appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to discuss the event. Jesse Tyler Ferguson was more than prepared for the event having just gotten married to his own husband, Justin Mikita. "I got married in July and then engaged to Eric in September. I feel like Elizabeth Taylor all of a sudden."
Ferguson and Stonestreet did admit to getting teary while filming their wedding vows. Stonestreet remarked, "This just feels really great to know that at the end of five years, these two characters are having completion to their relationship."
There's no doubt that this is a significant moment in television history. Once the episode airs next month, it will be added to our every growing list of Moments That Changed LGBT Comedy Forever.
Watch the adorable interview below:
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- The Daily Show's Unforgettable Takedown of Andrew Shirvell
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met