Triangle applies for FDA approval of anti-HIV drug Coviracil
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 06 2002 11:00 PM ET
Durham, N.C.-based Triangle Pharmaceuticals on Wednesday applied for Food and Drug Administration marketing approval for its HIV nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor Coviracil. "We believe that once approved, the potency, once-daily dosing, and pharmacokinetic profile of Coviracil will offer patients and physicians an important new tool in the management of HIV disease," said Triangle CEO Daniel Welch. The company also plans to apply soon for European marketing approval of the drug.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model