Pittsburgh AIDS walk raises $100,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 1,000 people participated in the 2003 Pittsburgh AIDS Walk, held June 7 at the University of Pittsburgh campus, raising about $100,000 for the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force. Event organizers had hoped to bring in about double that amount. The low turnout was blamed on bad weather. The AIDS walk is the principal annual fund-raiser for the task force.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- S.C. Congressional Candidate: Beware of Gay 'Gremlins'
- Myth or Truth: Can We Give Up Condoms?