Pittsburgh AIDS walk raises $100,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 1,000 people participated in the 2003 Pittsburgh AIDS Walk, held June 7 at the University of Pittsburgh campus, raising about $100,000 for the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force. Event organizers had hoped to bring in about double that amount. The low turnout was blamed on bad weather. The AIDS walk is the principal annual fund-raiser for the task force.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy