Pittsburgh AIDS walk raises $100,000
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
About 1,000 people participated in the 2003 Pittsburgh AIDS Walk, held June 7 at the University of Pittsburgh campus, raising about $100,000 for the Pittsburgh AIDS Task Force. Event organizers had hoped to bring in about double that amount. The low turnout was blamed on bad weather. The AIDS walk is the principal annual fund-raiser for the task force.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community