GMHC to form crystal meth task force
March 06 2004 12:00 AM ET
New York's Gay Men's Health Crisis is forming a task force to respond to the rising problem of crystal meth use and unprotected sex among the city's gay and bisexual men, which is fueling sexually transmitted disease and HIV infections, Gay City News reports. William Floyd of GMHC's board of directors said 13 community members have accepted invitations to serve on the task force, including Jay Laudato of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center; Richard Burns of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center; and Dennis deLeon of the Latino Commission on AIDS. Peter Staley, an AIDS activist who helped organize and fund a series of crystal meth awareness ads in the predominantly gay Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, also will serve on the task force. The group is expected to complete its work and issue a report to GMHC's board by June.
- The Advocate's Person of the Year: Pope Francis
- Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny
- New Mexico Supreme Court Declares Statewide Marriage Equality
- Figure Skater Brian Boitano Comes Out
- Duck Dynasty Star Slams Sinful 'Homosexuals, Drunks, Terrorists'
- Op-ed: Pope Francis Has Not Made Good on Transgender Rights
- Entertainment News WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres' First Trailer for the Oscars 1 hour 58 min ago
- Travel Futuristic Vegas Nightclub Goes Gay December 19 2013 8:42 PM
- Obituaries Washington Marriage Equality Opponent Dies December 19 2013 8:10 PM
- Film Paul Rudd Set to Star in Marvel Comics Ant-Man Film December 19 2013 7:08 PM
- Entertainment News Reality Star Marksman Chris Cheng Comes Out December 19 2013 6:36 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Award Winner: Best Hotel Chain December 19 2013 6:33 PM
- People Bobby Jindal Is Mad No One Thought Phil Robertson Was Funny December 19 2013 6:18 PM