GMHC to form crystal meth task force
March 06 2004 12:00 AM ET
New York's Gay Men's Health Crisis is forming a task force to respond to the rising problem of crystal meth use and unprotected sex among the city's gay and bisexual men, which is fueling sexually transmitted disease and HIV infections, Gay City News reports. William Floyd of GMHC's board of directors said 13 community members have accepted invitations to serve on the task force, including Jay Laudato of Callen-Lorde Community Health Center; Richard Burns of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center; and Dennis deLeon of the Latino Commission on AIDS. Peter Staley, an AIDS activist who helped organize and fund a series of crystal meth awareness ads in the predominantly gay Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan, also will serve on the task force. The group is expected to complete its work and issue a report to GMHC's board by June.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'