AIDS Project Los Angeles elects board chairmen
November 04 2004 12:00 AM ET
James M. Murphy and Randall T. Rotondo have been elected board chairmen of AIDS Project Los Angeles, the agency announced Tuesday. Murphy is vice president for finance for Clear Channel Broadcasting and oversees the financial operations of more than 20 radio stations in Southern California. Murphy is also a member of the executive board for The Trevor Project, a nonprofit group established to promote tolerance for gay and questioning teens and to help prevent suicides among gay youth, and serves on the board of HIV/AIDS Legal Services Alliance. Rotondo is managing director of worldwide human resources and international labor relations for United Airlines. He has worked previously as a law enforcement officer in the Pueblo County, Colo., sheriff's office. "The board has elected two strong leaders in Jim Murphy and Randy Rotondo," said APLA executive director Craig E. Thompson. "They are both skilled managers who bring tremendous experience and vision to their service on the APLA board. We are confident that APLA will benefit from their talents as the new chairs of the board."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment